Gourmet Indulgence, amidst sensational scenery.
The red soil beneath the rolling green hills of the Atherton Tablelands is as rich as the views are stunning, with the region producing some of Australia’s highest quality and most delicious produce. From the top of the food pyramid to the bottom, visitors will find coffee, chocolate, wines and cheese as well as tropical fruits and earthy vegetables. We hope you brought your appetite.
Start: Millaa Millaa
Duration: 2 – 3 days
Journey with the growers into Rainforest Hearts 435 acre secluded valley to experience a sustainable tropical bushfood orchard and cellar door on the edge of the World Heritage listed ‘Wet tropics’ at Mungalli. Wander with the owners through the native fruit orchard and taste the fruits as evolution has created them, wild and un-tamed. Relax and take in the tranquil surroundings while enjoying a refreshing cup of Davidsons plum tea or sample the delicious Davidson’s Plum Royale Aperitif with your morning or afternoon tea, all made with bush fruits grown on the property. Hear the history of the first settlers to this valley, their relationship with the indigenous peoples who lived there, and the sustainable farming journey the owners have travelled thus far.
Mungalli Creek Dairy
Out of the Whey Teahouse - Mungalli Creek Dairy. Lunch and teas at Mungalli Creek Bio-dynamic Dairy. Purchase Bio-dynamic cheeses, milks, yogurts, great taste and good for you too. Brooks Road, Millaa Millaa.
Gallo Dairyland is a fully functional dairy farm that is now producing a range of gourmet dairy products and hand crafted chocolates. Open daily, visitors to Gallo Dairyland will get to see how the age old method of cheese making has evolved over the years to become a complex and innovative process.
Mt Uncle Distillery
Nestled within a beautiful banana plantation, Mt Uncle Distillery produces a range of award winning premium spirits and liqueurs . These include a gold rum, vodka, botanical gin and a single malt whiskey……. not to mention the world’s first marshmallow liqueur!
We pride ourselves on using as many local ingredients as possible and keep all our products preservative and additive free. Mt Uncle Distillery is North Queensland's first and only distillery, and is a premier attraction on the Atherton Tablelands.
Bridges Restaurant is also on the grounds The restaurant has been built from an old river bridge and is visually stunning to see and enjoy. Bridges Restaurant is fully licensed and air conditioned and serves wonderful wood fired pizzas and delicious Australis style favourites.
The grounds are also home to many beautiful animals including alpacas, donkeys, and goats not to mention the 42 peacocks roaming.
The ultimate coffee stop in the heart of Australia's coffee growing region. Enjoy our daily tasting tours (fee payable), learn the secrets of the perfect cup, discover the Australian coffee story, treat yourself to a unique Australian Expresso experience and a bite to eat.
Immerse yourself in the full Skybury experience with a visit to the 375-acre property, open Monday to Friday, enjoying the purest Australian Arabica Coffee, while taking in the breathtaking views, delicious light lunches and cakes, great hospitality and the freshest fruit from the farm at the Farmgate Cafe.
Golden Drop / Golden Pride Wineries
Golden Drop Winery is a family owned and operated boutique winery, situated on the largest commercial mango plantation in Far North Queensland. The mango wines come in three delicious varieties - dry, medium and sweet and are available in 375ml and 750ml bottles.
de Brueys Boutique Wines
Come and visit a unique Cellar Door. There are a variety of tropical fruit wines to try and take home, produced from the property's own and local tropical fruit orchards. These include Mango, Lychee, Bush Cherry (tropical native), Jaboticaba and Passionfruit wines.
Jaques Australian Coffee
The Jaques Coffee Plantation is situated on the Cairns Highlands (Atherton Tablelands), with a beautiful backdrop looking over the surrounding peaks of the Great Dividing Range. Along side the spring waters of Emerald Creek the plantation is furnished with 25,000 young and fully producing Arabica Coffee trees on rich soils, boasting a smooth and vibrant flavour unique only to our remarkable location.
Emerald Creek Ice-Creamery
Exotic flavoured ice-cream, sorbets, gelato and frozen yoghurt. Emerald Creek Ice-Creamery is a locally owned and operated family business located along the Kennedy Highway, east of Mareeba. The refined flavours of the ice-creams and gelato are a result of locally sourced fruits and ingredients, supporting Tableland farmers and Far North Queensland businesses. Quality is the cornerstone of the products.
Rainforest Bounty farms are located on the Atherton Tablelands, the tropical highlands adjacent to Cairns in North Queensland, Australia. The area is renowned worldwide for its majestic rainforests, fresh-water lakes and fertile farmlands.Our plantations sustainably grow the rainforest fruits which are native to the neighbouring Wet Tropics World Heritage region. Using organic farming methods, we simultaneously restore the landscape for the rare indigenous wildlife including the endangered Southern Cassowary.
- Commence your journey at award winning Mungalli Creek Dairy located just south of Millaa Millaa off the Palmerston Highway. Out of the Whey “Cheesery & Teahouse” at Mungalli Creek Dairy today is open daily from 10am – 4pm with FREE Cheese and Yoghurt Tastings. Enjoy the magnificent views to Mt Bartle Frere as you enjoy lunch, cake or coffee.
- Rainforest Heart orchard located on Brooks Rd, between the Mungalli Creek Biodymanic Dairy and the Mungalli Falls, are growers and suppliers of Australian native tropical fruits such as the Davidsons plum, Lemon aspen, Rainforest cherry and Rainforest lychee. Book your Australian Tropical Bush Food Orchard Tour by phoning 40972359 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rainforest Bounty create artisan style gourmet condiments infused with the unique qualities of local Australian native rainforest fruits produced on the Atherton Tablelands. The Rainforest Bounty Slow Food Experience begins by awakening your senses with a delicious home-baked morning tea and local cheese platter followed by gentle stroll along the Johnstone River to harvest seasonal native ingredients and view our incredible local wildlife. Bookings are essential www.http://www.rainforestbounty.com.au/cooking-school/.
- Travelling from Malanda towards Atherton, visit Gallo Dairyland on the corner of Malanda-Atherton Road & East Barron Road, East Barron (Atherton). You will be pleasantly surprised to find a fully operational dairy farm; a gourmet cheese factory; a sensational café/restaurant; and last but not least the most beautiful hand-crafted chocolate.
- 20 minutes from Atherton, heading from to Mareeba on the Kennedy Highway is Mt Uncle Distillery 1819 Chewko Road, Walkamin. Mt Uncle Distillery is nestled at the foothill of Mount Uncle itself and set in beautiful landscaped gardens within a Banana plantation. Visit the cellardoor and giftshop to sample internationally award winning selection of spirits and liqueurs and enjoy delicious wood fired pizzas, home made desserts over 50 teas to try and buy at Bridges Cafe open every day from 10 am to 3 pm.
- Next stop is Coffee Works, located 20 minutes north from Walkmin at 136 Mason Street Mareeba. Enjoy gourmet chocolates, cafe lunches and house-roasted coffee in a large, industrial-chic space.
- Just 10 minutes west of Mareeba is Skybury Tropical Plantation at 136 Ivievic Rd, Mareeba. Immerse yourself in the full Skybury experience with a visit to the 375-acre property, open Monday to Friday, enjoying the purest Australian Arabica Coffee, while taking in the breathtaking views, delicious light lunches and cakes, great hospitality and the freshest fruit from the farm at the Skybury Cafe and Roastery.
- 10 minutes north of Mareeba township is Golden Drop Winery, Bilwon Road Biboohra. Visit the Winery for a unique experience of working mango plantation, and to sample refreshing tropical Mango Wines, together with Citrus Cellos, Mango Port, and Golden Mango liqueur style wine.
- de Bruey’s Boutique Winery is open every day excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day and Good Friday and is located at 189 Fichera Road, Mareeba. de Brueys blend of tradition and innovation produces high quality wines from a rich diversity of tropical fruits. Experience and taste the fabulous fermentations of the lychee, mango, jaboticaba, bush cherry, mulberry, passionfruit and star apple.
- Jaques Australian Coffee Plantation is situated at 137 Leotta Rd, Mareeba – just 15 minutes from Mareeba off the Kennedy Highway travelling towards Kuranda and Cairns. Enjoy a tranquil garden setting where a great cup of coffee can be enjoyed with a selection of delicious cakes and sweets or light savoury snacks. A full lunch menu is available with the kitchen from 11am to 3m daily.
- Emerald Creek Ice-Creamery manufactures world-class Ice-Cream & Sorbet and produce 45 mouth-watering flavours. Drop in to the visitor centre at 3946 Kennedy Highway, Mareeba (11 minutes or 10.9 klms from Mareeba) and sample their beautiful creations while you relax on the verandah.