Atherton Tablelands Promotion Bureau Limited trading as Tropical Tablelands Tourism is administered by a Board of Directors elected at the Annual General Meeting. This group meet monthly to review the performance and activities of the organisation.
The Board of Directors consist of a maximum of eleven (11) persons all of whom are members of Tropical Tablelands Tourism.
Directors serve a two (2) year term and elections are held at the Annual General Meetings.
Chair – Brett Stevenson, Tinaroo Lake Resort
Southern region 1 (zone 4) Director representing members in towns and surrounding areas of Tolga; Atherton; Tinaroo; Kairi; Herberton; Wondecla and Irvinebank.
Deputy Chair – Director – Edward Nye, Rainforest Bounty
Southern region 3 (Zone 6) Director representing members in towns and surrounding areas of Millaa Millaa; Ravenshoe and the gateway of the Cassowary Coast.
Director – Angela Freeman, Wildlife TNQ
Kuranda region (zone 3)
Director – Brett Cameron, Brett’s Outback Tasting Adventures
Northern region (zone 1) Director representing members in the towns and surrounding areas of Chillagoe; Dimbulah; Mareeba; Julatten; Mount Carbine and the gateways of Mossman/Port Douglas; Daintree & Cooktown
Director – Marcus Brady, Down Under Cruise and Dive Group of Companies including The Adventure Company and Billy Tea Safaris
Northern region 2 (zone 2) Director representing members in towns and surrounding areas of operators within the western side of Kuranda to Mareeba; Walkamin; and the gateway of Cairns.
Director – Tracy Klaproth, On the Wallaby
Southern region 2 (Zone 5) Director representing members in towns and surrounding areas of Yungaburra; Malanda; Lake Eacham; Peeramon and Tarzali.
Director – Rebekah Haase, Etheridge Shire Council
Outback region (Zone 7) Director representing members in towns and surrounding areas of Innot Hot Springs; Mount Garnet; Mt Surprise; Georgetown; Forsyth and the gateway of Cape York.
Director – Cr Nipper Brown, Mareeba Shire Council
Representative nominated by Mareeba Shire Council
Director – Mr Bob Owen, Tablelands Regional Council
Representative nominated by Tablelands Regional Council
Vacant positions include 2 x Special Interest Directors
These positions may be elected or appointed by the Board of Directors and are designated strategic positions.
Constitution reference: Clause 8 (3) (b) Membership of the Board
The Constitution of Atherton Tablelands Promotion Bureau Ltd requires a Nomination to the Board to be validated by a current financial member of Atherton Tablelands Promotion Bureau Ltd, and the nomination to be formally accepted by the nominee. A Nomination to a Special Interest Director position may be appointed by the Board.
In accepting the nomination to the Atherton Tablelands Promotion Bureau Ltd Board, the nominee has carefully considered the role of a Board member and their capacity to add a valuable contribution and agrees to the following specific commitments required.
- The nominee is strongly committed to regional tourism promotion and marketing practices. Regional tourism promotion includes the region of the Atherton Tablelands, which includes the area that sits within the boundaries of Mareeba Shire Council and Tablelands Regional Council.
- The Nominee must be a current financial member of Atherton Tablelands Promotion Bureau Ltd.
- The nominee is strongly committed to the Vision, Policies and objectives of Atherton Tablelands Promotion Bureau Ltd, and will assist where possible in membership and marketing initiatives.
- The nominee is committed to the Board Code of Conduct, copy of which is available from the office of Tropical Tablelands Tourism, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The nominee is available to participate in at least 8 of the 11 monthly 3 hour meetings held in Atherton and Mareeba.
- The nominee is able to monitor, review and respond to email correspondence in a timely manner.
- The nominee is able to support and participate in one or more specialist Committee(s).
- The successful nominees are elected for a period of two years.
- Councillors appointed to the Board are nominated by their respective Council, appointed by the Board of Directors and are committed to regional tourism promotion and marketing practices.
Directors responsibilities are in accordance with the Constitution and Corporations Act 2001. The Corporations Act 2001 specifies four main duties for directors:
- Care and diligence – This duty requires a director to act with the degree of care and diligence that a reasonable person might be expected to show in the role (s 180).
- Good faith – This duty requires a director to act in good faith in the best interests of the company and for a proper purpose (s 181), including to avoid conflicts of interest, and to reveal and manage conflicts if they arise.
- Not to improperly use position – This duty requires directors to not improperly use their position to gain an advantage for themselves or someone else, or to the detriment to the company (s 182).
Not to improperly use information – This duty requires directors to not improperly use the information they gain in the course of their director duties to gain an advantage for themselves or someone else, or to the detriment to the company (s 183).