Tait’s Wongabel Stables started operating in 1987. Sheila Tait continues the tradition of bush riding established by her late husband. She is assisted by friendly, experienced instructors. Safety is our first consideration, and all riders are given the necessary guidance to ensure an enjoyable bush experience.
Sheila is a long-term member of the Tablelands Trail Horse Riders’ Club Inc. and has gained knowledge of the district by helping with the planning of extended rides in remote areas. She also has some experience of riding with pack horses on the Bicentennial National Trail.
- Riders of no matter what ability are provided with the type of ride which they require.
- Beginners of all ages enjoy the one hour lesson/ride which teaches them to handle a horse on varied terrain.
- More experienced riders, or those who are fit enough to attempt an adventure activity, enjoy a half-day ride in a scenic mountain setting. This includes boiling the billy at a creek for a morning tea break.
- These rides are ideal for student and youth groups.
- Whole day rides can be arranged if sufficient riders are available and if advance notice is given.