Trans North Bus & Coach Service operates a passenger and light freight service between Atherton and Cairns and all towns and villages enroute.
This service also connects at Atherton for Ravenshoe with Kerry’s Bus Service, and at Mareeba with Chillagoe Bus Service.
Please note: This is a ‘Hail & Ride’ service and bookings are not taken.
Ticket purchases can be made from;
- the driver as you board the bus, or
- Piagnos News, Mareeba.
The bus stops are located at:
- Cairns Central Shopping Centre, Bus bays at Qld Rail (platform 1)
- Smithfield Bus Shelter, Kennedy Highway
- 15 Therwine Street, Kuranda,
- Speewah Bus Shelter
- Arnold Park, 171-179 Walsh Street (next door to Police Station), and
- 54 Main Street, Atherton (near Just Chillin’ Juice Bar)
You can also Hail and Ride at any location enroute, where the bus can safely stop. Upon request, this service will drop off at the Airport, Reef Fleet Terminal and Hospitals and Doctor Surgeries in Cairns. Please note that Trans North Services do not pick up from these addresses.