We at Yungaburra Tours are proud of our country and are committed to its preservation and ongoing sustainability. To capture a memorable appreciation of our local area we would recommend our Yungaburra Heritage and Rainforest Tour. This relaxing but informative tour leaves the Yungaburra Information Centre or Cairns Central and includes:-
- An introduction to Yungaburra Heritage Village and a snapshot of its history.
- The Curtain Fig Tree that lies a short distance from Yungaburra, situated in a tropical rainforest.
- The Afghanistan Avenue of Honour, a recent addition to our area, honouring our armed personnel some of whom have paid the supreme sacrifice.
- Lake Tinaroo. The Tinaroo dam was built during the 1950’s to provide a reliable water supply for a growing tobacco industry. The tobacco industry is now a part of history and has been replaced by such crops as sugar cane, coffee, mangos, avocados, maize and other small crops.
- Lake Barrine, one of the beautiful crater lakes bordered by rainforest rich in fauna and flora. See the 500 year old Kairi pines which provide a glimpse of a booming timber industry a century ago.
- Malanda Falls and/or Millaa Millaa Falls
- Lunch is provided
Our tour starts at 8.00am in Cairns or 9.00am in Yungaburra and concludes at 5.00pm in Yungaburra or 5.30pm in Cairns.
There are so many great destinations on the Atherton Tableland and some want to try our Atherton Tableland Explorer Tour or even work with us on Design – Your – Tour.