We at Yungaburra Tours are proud of our country and are committed to its preservation and ongoing sustainability. To capture a memorable appreciation of our local area we would recommend our four and a half hour Yungaburra Heritage and Rainforest Tour. This relaxing but informative tour leaves the Yungaburra Information Centre and includes:-
- An introduction to Yungaburra Heritage Village and a snapshot of its history.
- The Curtain Fig Tree that lies a short distance from Yungaburra, situated in a tropical rainforest.
- The Afghanistan Avenue of Honour, a recent addition to our area, honouring our armed personnel some of whom have paid the supreme sacrifice.
- Lake Tinaroo. The Tinaroo dam was built during the 1950’s to provide a reliable water supply for a growing tobacco industry. The tobacco industry is now a part of history and has been replaced by such crops as sugar cane, coffee, mangos, avocados, maize and other small crops.
- Lake Barrine, one of the beautiful crater lakes bordered by rainforest rich in fauna and flora. See the 500 year old Kairi pines which provide a glimpse of a booming timber industry a century ago.
Our tour concludes at Lake Barrine and after tea and scones we return to the Information Centre at Yungaburra.